Thursday 10 May 2012

Finals Week

My last two weeks in Dublin have gone by WAY too fast, Finals here are much much easier than those at U of I, but the average still falls to about a 50%, which is a C here. As of now, I have taken four out of my five finals at UCD. In Ireland, they take their finals in the absolute strangest way. 

Instead of utilizing the countless auditoriums and lecture halls on the UCD campus, they have scheduled our final exams in RDS, basically a giant fieldhouse. In RDS, there are usually about 3000 kids taking an exam at a time, obviously taking different ones, and there is absolutely NO HEATING. Taking a test while its less than 50 degrees is quite the challenge.


My finals are spread out perfectly for studying, I have one every other day for two straight weeks :( This worked out really well for studying, but it did not allow for much last minute travels or exploring around Ireland. In the past four months, Ive tried to see as much as I can, but honestly, as Im about to head home, there is still so much I would have loved to see. 

After my last final tomorrow, I have to face the daunting task of packing my suitcases. While I usually love packing, I think Id rather sit in a pub all day with my friends :( Our plan is to do just that all Saturday night and soak up as much live Irish music as possible, definitely something Im going to miss...

No comments:

Post a Comment